Victor Martinez Guija has been attending Activate Camps for several years with his younger brothers. His family have travelled from Spain for the past 5 summers to holiday, travel and most importantly – take part in Activate Camps! Here he tells us his story from hist first camp to his first camp as a coach…
Big Fun Run series gives people of all abilities the chance to kick start a new, active 2015. Set in 18 of the UK’s most iconic parks from Glasgow to Brighton, the 5k events are aimed at all members of the family, with entry free for children under 5.
The emphasis is on fun at the charitable events, where over £200,000 was raised for good causes last year. Oragniser GSi Events, who also host the Edinburgh Marathon and Bournemouth Marathon say: “Each run has a friendly atmosphere whilst offering an achievable challenge “
Big Fun Run Event Director, Neil Kilgour said: “Tens of thousands of people take part in Big Fun Run every year, it attracts people of all shapes, sizes and ages. No event is timed, it is all about having fun and raising funds for a charity close to your heart.
“It is a great event for all the family and it is not unusual to see grandma, mum and daughter all lining up together at the startline. We also have many people taking part in fancy dress to add to the feel good atmosphere.”
Among those set to enter is Karen Marshall who intends to take part in the Victoria Park event in London on Sunday 1st November. “We are running as a family group for our Mum Annie, who has stage 6 Alzheimer’s, giving the money we raise to the Alzheimer Society.” Karen said.
“We are thinking of bringing her on the run with us in her wheelchair and we’ll all, including Mum be wearing our ‘Running for Annie’ T-shirts.” They also took part in last year’s event at the East London venue.
“We had a fabulous day out.” Karen recalls. “We wanted to try to raise some money for the Alzheimer’s Society – Mum loves being outside so we decided to run 5k with the Big Fun Run as a family group.
“We ran with Mum in her wheelchair and she managed to walk over the finish line herself at about the 40 minute mark to huge cheers from the crowds. Everyone was so helpful and supportive. We couldn’t have wished for a better fund raising day and overall a lovely family day out.”
The Big Fun Run events run from July to November, to see all the venues and to find out how to enter, visit www.bigfunrun.com
Win a family break for four with Butlin’s!
Activate have teamed up with Butlin’s to give you a great saving and the chance to win a family break for four people (2 adults, 2 children under 14yrs) to stay in a Gold self-catering apartment (any resort) or Hotel Room at Bognor Regis!
It was always Billy Butlin’s goal to help hardworking families rediscover their zest and sparkle. He believed in a beautiful ocean, fresh sea air and plenty of space to play as the essential ingredients of a brilliant family break. Whether it’s indoor, outdoors, day or night you will find plenty of things to keep you entertained at Butlin’s
With a huge variety of activities there’s something for everyone. You can get active in coached sports sessions, get creative with arts and crafts, be entertained with brilliant live shows or even try something new like fencing or climbing… after all that’s what a holiday is all about!
Rain never stops play at Butlin’s and with our indoor Splash Waterworlds you can enjoy everything from gentle paddling to high- octane flumes and raft rides. There is even a special shallow area for little ones with mini slides and fountains plus comfy loungers for mum and dad.
Butlin’s understands that no two families are the same so there is a great choice of accommodation to help you feel at home. Whether you choose a comfy apartment, our brand new chalets or a contemporary hotel, you’ll feel welcome and relaxed in all our accommodation.
Exclusive for Activate customers, Butlin’s are offering an extra £20 off your family’s 2015 break. Just quote ACTIVATE when booking! To find the perfect break for your family why not pop over to www.butlins.com or give the friendly team a call on 0845 070 4725.
There is also a chance to win a family break for 4 people! Simply click here and enter your details. The winner will be selected at random.
Don’t forget to quote ACTIVATE for an extra £20 off your break.
Offer Code T&C’s
Valid = From 10.04.15 until 31.12.15
- Extra £20 off is a per booking discount and applies to new bookings only for 2015 family breaks when quoting offer code ACTIVATE.
- This £20 off cannot be used with any other offer or internet code and breaks must be booked and taken by 31st December 2015.
- £20 off does not apply to 2 night breaks or rooms for 2.
- All offers are subject to promotional availability, may be withdrawn at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or internet code except the 5% Premier Club loyalty discount.
- The maximum call charge for bookings is 4p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks may vary. Booking and staying at a Butlins resort will be subject to Butlins terms and conditions see www.butlins.com/terms. Butlins Skyline Limited, 1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4YL. Registered in England No. 04011665.
Competition now closed
- The prize is one family break for four people (2 adults, 2 children under 14yrs) to stay in a Gold self-catering apartment or Hotel Room at Bognor Regis, for either a 3 night (Friday – Monday) or 4 night (Monday – Friday) term time break in 2015. The prize must be taken during term time at any Butlins resort: Bognor Regis, Minehead or Skegness. No cash alternatives are available.
- The prize excludes food, travel and other related expenses but does include selected entertainment and activities.
- The prize must be booked and taken by 31st December 2015.
- Travel dates are subject to availability and exclude Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year (23 Dec – 31 Dec 2015).
- Bookings are subject to availability. Winners must be lead guest and be present on arrival. At least one guest must be over the age of 21 years.
- Booking and staying at a Butlins resort will be subject to Butlins terms and conditions, see butlins.com/terms. Butlins Skyline limited, 1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4YL. Registered in England No. 04011665